The next step in this SheevaPlug guide is installing Debian on the SheevaPlug. Default on the SheevaPlug, Ubuntu 9.04 is provided. Ubuntu 9.04 will not be supported for a very long time any more and a Ubuntu 9.10 or higher is not available. That is why I want to install Debian on the Kingston 4GB SDHC card. Please read first the article Building the system with the esata sheevaplug, if you did not do that already.
The architectural setup
The following list I want to connect to my eSATA SheevaPlug:
- Flashdisk 4 GB SDHC class 4 (for the Debian root filesystem)
- Eexternal USB or eSATA hard-disk 2GB or 4GB (for datastorage and variable data)
- Network cable (supplied in kit)
- miniUSB cable for serial access to the SheevaPlug (supplied in kit)
- power cord (supplied in kit)
The behaviour of copy and past in PuTTY is different than in Ubuntu. With PuTTY under Windows I never had a problem how to copy and paste, but under Ubuntu I am always confused. That is why I wanted to write it down. For me, but also for you of course.
Coping from PuTTY
Select the text with the left mouse button and paste with the middle mouse button.
I ordered the eSata SheevaPlug at New IT in the UK and received it 4 days later in the Netherlands.
Here are some photos of the SheevaPlug, the box with all contents.
[shashin type=”photo” id=”1944,1968″ size=”small” columns=”max” order=”user” position=”center”]
And that, I was curious about the quality of my SheevaPlug. Therefore I needed to break the warranty seal.
Did you ever see in Google Chrome or Chromium the term “Press Tab to search” behind a site URL when typing in an URL?
This is very handy to search this site with Google, but is it possible to make this in your own site?
The answer is Yes, and it is easy to do this.
This article is made for Wordpress sites, but you can do the same with an another CMS only the PHP files are different.
Plugin CodeColorer: Werkt goed, heeft syntax highlighting, maar werkt niet met <pre> of <code>, maar met <cc>, dit is later wel op te lossen met een search en replace, maar zonder <cc> zou nog beter zijn. Heeft een vaste instelbare breedte, terwijl <pre> meeschaalt met de content.
Plugin WP-Syntax: Werkt ook goed, werkt met <pre>, heeft syntax highlight, heeft regelnummers etc, maar heeft geen verticale scrollbar
This article is the last part of the migration/conversion/import of Drupal to Wordpress. In this article we are going to switch to the new Wordpress installation.
Before we are able to switch over to the new Wordpress installation, we need to do the following steps. The tools you need depends on your installation or hosting provider. You can use FTP, SSH, webbased filemanager etc.
Before you go live with your website, it is important to check your sitemap! This does not the case for new sites, but in this guide we are migrating from Drupal to Wordpress. In case of migration it is important to check that all the links to your site still will work, otherwise your search engine ranking will go down. First be sure that you have installed Google XML Sitemaps.
This article contains all migration steps and the database conversion script.
Installation of Wordpress
- Download Wordpress and unzip this file on your webserver. Detailed instructions for installing Wordpress can be found here: Installing WordPress, install Wordpress first in the
- First create an empty database for Wordpress, to achieve this phpMyAdmin can be used
- Open the URL to your Wordpress installation and do the initial configuration.
- After the Wordpress installation, remove the post “Hello world” permanently, also remove the “About” demo page.